Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: ID help please AE 2.46g 19mm Odd Portrait  (Read 201 times)

Offline Roy W

• Praetorian
ID help please AE 2.46g 19mm Odd Portrait
« on: November 27, 2022, 07:41:42 pm »
Any ID help would be greatly appreciated. Im still cleaning it, but this portrait has me at a loss.

2.46g
19mm

Thank you very much!

Online Victor C

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • all my best friends are dead Romans
    • Constantine the Great
Re: ID help please AE 2.46g 19mm Odd Portrait
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2022, 07:56:14 pm »
It's an unofficial (barb) copy of a VICTORIAE LAETAE PRINC PERP from Siscia. I have over 150 of these on my page here--
http://www.constantinethegreatcoins.com/barb2/

Victor Clark

LRB gallery

Offline Roy W

• Praetorian
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2022, 08:02:49 pm »
Thank you very much, Victor. I had assumed barbarous copy of some type. Although it’s hard to keep cleaning with him looking at me with that huge eye haha.

Offline Roy W

• Praetorian
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2022, 05:44:07 pm »
Victor,

Do you need this one for your collection? If so, it’s yours. Lord knows you give me enough of your time on Forvm.

Online Victor C

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • all my best friends are dead Romans
    • Constantine the Great
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2022, 06:26:25 pm »
Thank you for the offer; but I have several hundred of these. I mainly look for examples that are hard to tell apart from official issues.
Victor Clark

LRB gallery

All coins are guaranteed for eternity