Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: ANDRONICUS II Palaeologus ?  (Read 798 times)

Offline Vladislav D

• Caesar
ANDRONICUS II Palaeologus ?
« on: February 12, 2012, 12:17:41 pm »
I think this is a rare ANDRONICUS II Palaeologus . Please help me with Sear number . Thank you .

Offline Paleologos

• IMPERATOR
  • Consul
Re: ANDRONICUS II Palaeologus ?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 01:25:14 pm »
Υes it is Andronicus II Thessalonika

SEAR 2361, LPC 206.3 PCPC 222
DOC VOL. 5  PART 2 PLATE 42 749/750

Paleologos
+ Κωνσταντινὸς ἐν Χριστῷ τῷ Θεῷ πιστὸς βασιλεὺς καὶ αὐτωκράτωρ ῥωμαίων ὁ Παλαιολόγος +

Offline Vladislav D

• Caesar
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 08:54:20 pm »
Thank you . I have another question - unfortunately coin was broken into two pieces during shipping . So what to do ? Leave it as is , or tried to fix it ?

Offline byzcoll

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 07:38:58 am »
Hi,

I would glue it with a clear paper glue, which is acetone-soluble and free of acid. Such a glue does not harm the metal, it can be removed without a trace, it does not disturbe the appearance of the coin, it does not corrode the metal or harm the patina. I have good experience with the German "Uhu" brand. Note that coin glued this way remains fragile.

Things I would NOT do include: soldering; using ceramic glue as used for porcelain; using superglue

byzcoll

Offline Vladislav D

• Caesar
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 09:39:32 am »
Paleologos , byzcoll 
Thank you .

All coins are guaranteed for eternity