Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: copper coin of Orhan Ghazi..  (Read 1778 times)

iaculator

copper coin of Orhan Ghazi..
« on: November 30, 2005, 07:12:30 am »
hello,

i want to learn that whether Orhan Ghazi (Ottoman Sultan) had minted anonymous copper coins... if yes would u send a photo of it? my second question what is the value of a copper coin belonging to Emir Suleiman (Suleiman Chelebi)  minted in 806 AH? and also of Orhan Ghazi that i mentioned about above...

thanx a lot..

Offline Istinpolin

• Caesar
Re: copper coin of Orhan Ghazi..
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 10:05:33 am »
Hi

Orhan Gazi has some anonymous copper but it is dificult to pin them down on him, so no one really is sure and all is speculation.

The 3 important catalogues of Ottoman Numismatics (Nuri Pere, Jem Sultan and Necdet Kabaklarli) suggest there is no copper coin in the name of Orhan Gazi. Just this summer I met up with an expert who had an Ottoman Mangir by Orhan Gazi clearly stating Orhan bin Osman. So I have seen one and even held it in my hands. I asked and asked the person to sell it to me, but he didnt want to sell it to me. What a shame. But I could understand it.

The price would be in the 1000s of dollars.

Suleyman Celebi's Mangir are almost all rare. But the coins in general are more available than the other 3 fetret rulers (Musa Celebi, Mehmet Celebi and Mustafa Celebi). So his coins are the most common amongst those 3. Depending on the condition his mangirs are worth from 20 to 200 and the rarest ones can even catch more.

An image would definately help to determin the value. But in general the value is a question between the seller and the buyer. One may buy a coin for 1 dollars and someone else somewhere else may pay 200 dollars for the same coin. It all depends. The question always is, What is it worth to you?

Burak

All coins are guaranteed for eternity