Resources > The Members' Gallery

My Taras collection

<< < (59/60) > >>

Enodia:
Are you reading the 'prequels' first? I think these are one the absolute best in the military historical fiction genre, right up there with O'Brian's Aubrey/Maturin books.

So have you seen the Sharpe TV series? 16 made for TV movies from the '90s starring Sean Bean and Daragh O'Malley. Quite a lot of fun.  🙂

~ Peter

CPK:

--- Quote from: Enodia on March 21, 2024, 01:18:33 pm ---Are you reading the 'prequels' first? I think these are one the absolute best in the military historical fiction genre, right up there with O'Brian's Aubrey/Maturin books.

So have you seen the Sharpe TV series? 16 made for TV movies from the '90s starring Sean Bean and Daragh O'Malley. Quite a lot of fun.  🙂

~ Peter

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure...haven't heard of any prequels. I started with Sharpe's Tiger - set in India during the war against the Tipu Sultan. Listening to them on audio, by the way. Right now I am finishing up Sharpe's Prey (Seige of Copenhagen)

I haven't seen any of the TV series (don't have a TV) but I'm sure they'd do well in that medium!

Enodia:
Yes, Sharpe's Tiger was written as a prequel and is the chronological beginning.

Anaximander:

--- Quote from: Enodia ---Anaximander if you would like the newer dating for your coins I'd be more than happy to look them up for you.

--- End quote ---

I'd welcome any insights on my possibly-not-so-very-early issue of |Vlasto 133. Sold as 500-480 BC, consistent with HN Italy #827, Wolfgang Fischer-Bossert 109 allegedly argues for 470-450 BC. I don't have Fischer-Bossert, much less d'Andrea.

Enodia:
Not too different.

465-455 BC
O; Naked male riding a dolphin left with outstretched arms, pecten shell below; all within linear border.
R; Winged hippocamp left.
R3
D'Andrea Series VII, Type 96; Vlasto 133; Fischer-Bossert Group 7, 107, 109, 116; SNG Copenhagen 776; SNG Australia 194; SNG France 1600-1601; SNG Oxford 208

Hope this helps.

~ Peter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version