Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Augustus As  (Read 383 times)

Offline Trajanus

• Praetorian
Augustus As
« on: June 25, 2022, 02:57:57 pm »
Hello again everybody. I just managed to get this interesting new As denomination of Augustus where it is the PONT MAX type around 11-12 A.D. near the end of his reign. Does anyone know any information or history about this specific issue that he made since it is much different than that of the Moneyer types from earlier in his reign? Is this the first time we see him specifically try to call himself the Pontifex Maximus? It would be nice if anybody has information on this particular type other than its initial identification which I already have. Thank you and I am happy to finally add this to my collection; my first coin of Augustus. Thank you.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity