Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Valentinian?  (Read 725 times)

Offline ChefStu22

• Consul
Valentinian?
« on: July 18, 2021, 04:05:38 pm »
Sorry without the letters on the obverse my inexperience tends to tell as I'm sure you have gathered from my posts asking for help. I am abit stumped by this one when I search AC for the letters contained within the wreath both Julian and Valens come back but I am not convinced its either. Thanks as always

Offline Lech Stępniewski

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • NOT IN RIC
Re: Valentinian?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 04:18:35 pm »
Lech Stępniewski
NOT IN RIC
Poland

Offline ChefStu22

• Consul
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2021, 04:30:51 pm »
Sorry Lech it's no wander sometimes they start to look the same because some times they are, apologises and gratitude once again

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 09:13:02 pm »
I have one like this that I have tentatively attributed to Jovian. My coin has the line after VOT obscured to the point I can't see it at all. It is if it isn't there at all. My mint mark is barely visible and I can't make it out. I guess I should post photos here, but pretty sure it is Jovian. These coins seem like they should be easy, but they aren't for me. LOL

Virgil

Offline ChefStu22

• Consul
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2021, 05:12:47 am »
Ah mate as you have probably gathered from my posts no coins are easy for me I'm definitely getting better though and this forum is brilliant for help so stick them in here and I'm sure you will find the answer:)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity