Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Kleopatra VII ?  (Read 652 times)

Offline solon

• Caesar
Kleopatra VII ?
« on: June 21, 2021, 08:45:09 am »
Dear Board,

AE 21mm.   7.80g.
I think I asked about this coin some time ago, but I didn't get a clear answer. I strongly believe that this coin may belong to Cleopatra VII Thea Neotera.
Diademed and draped bust right / Eagle standing left on thunderbolt, countermark of (?) on right and left.
Can anyone identify this coin?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Offline shanxi

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My gallery
Re: Kleopatra VII ?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 09:00:33 am »
IMHO the portrait looks more like Berenike. Can you read the letter behind the head? For Berenike it should be a "B.." (BEPENIKHΣ) anticlockwise.

https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=1421151

Offline solon

• Caesar
Re: Kleopatra VII ?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 10:14:01 am »

Thank you for your help Shanxi.

I can only see  :Greek_Lambda: !or  :gammareversed: ! behind the head.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity