Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Gallery Uploading Issue  (Read 538 times)

Offline PMah

• Caesar
  • Qui risus classe devicta multas ipsi lacrimas...
Gallery Uploading Issue
« on: June 09, 2021, 12:00:39 am »
I am having difficulty uploading.  The images seem to save but the text repeatedly deletes.  I was trying to use the "HTML-- multiple" option, which I thought would be similar to the prior version's method of loading 5 images and then filling the details in later.  However, this way seems to have loaded the images only despite the text boxes appearing during the uploading process.  Is there an FAQ on this aspect?
Be Well, Stay Healthy, Support your Local Numismatic Club

Paul 

My Gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album

Offline Ron C2

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Qvod perierat adhvc exstat nvmmorvm
Re: Gallery Uploading Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 07:40:50 am »
I am having difficulty uploading.  The images seem to save but the text repeatedly deletes.  I was trying to use the "HTML-- multiple" option, which I thought would be similar to the prior version's method of loading 5 images and then filling the details in later.  However, this way seems to have loaded the images only despite the text boxes appearing during the uploading process.  Is there an FAQ on this aspect?

Did you cut and paste a description with another entry that used special characters?  Something like the degrees symbol, greek letters, etc.? 

It's a known glitch Sorin is working on if you cut and paste from another entry, Joe mentioned that these characters now display properly, but don;t cut and paste properly into new entries - it causes the whole dialogue box to save as "blank".
My Ancient Coin Gallery: Click here

R. Cormier, Ottawa

Offline PMah

• Caesar
  • Qui risus classe devicta multas ipsi lacrimas...
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 11:07:12 pm »
My failed uploads all involved selecting an image and then manually entering the test of the various fields, yet the manual  data disappeared after saving and submitting it.  None of the formatting was more complicated than perhaps a bold font.
Be Well, Stay Healthy, Support your Local Numismatic Club

Paul 

My Gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 09:21:45 pm »
More than 100 coins have been added to the galleries during the last few days by at least a half dozen members. I really do not understand what is causing the problem as you describe it. Not exactly. I understand the text is disappearing but I wish I knew what you were doing differently than the rest of the people that are adding coins.  Perhaps show us samples of the text you are adding.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2021, 12:00:16 pm »
If it is still not working, please put an example here. Post the text here and upload the photo as an attachment here.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

All coins are guaranteed for eternity