Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: featherz 3/13/03  (Read 2449 times)

Offline featherz

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • All Elagabalus provincials to me, please! :)
    • Aeqvitas.com
featherz 3/13/03
« on: March 13, 2003, 10:17:39 am »
Just bought this one yesterday and thought it was rather nifty..

R: Capitoline Triad (jupiter, Juno, Minerva)
Moesia Inferior, Nicopolis. Septimius Severus. A.D. 193-211. Æ 28. BMC -; SNG Copenhagen -; Lindgren -, Moushmov-

(Anyone have a reference?)

(Picture used with permission)

Offline Automan

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Silver and Gold? -Yuck!
Re:featherz 3/13/03
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2003, 11:33:12 am »
Well, whaddya know! I was just admiring that coin yesterday and thought, "what a fabulous coin". Trust Heather to buy it.

It's probably in the online Moushmov catalogue.

You've got my vote (and I haven't even sized up your competiton yet).

Auto

Offline featherz

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • All Elagabalus provincials to me, please! :)
    • Aeqvitas.com
Re:featherz 3/13/03
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2003, 01:23:26 pm »
Yah I checked online Moushmov too. Didn't see it, so I tacked on the Moushmov - to the other references it's not in. Someone is sure to find it in one of the obscure bulgarian refs, but apparently it's not in the biggies.
Someone yesterday told me they saw it at a coin show and it looks better in person. We shall see. :)

I can just see Jupiter in this scene.. "Now see here ladies, we have some work that hasn't been done yet. So get cracking!"

H. :)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity