Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Advice on PreLim and other abrasives  (Read 807 times)

Offline Ken W2

• Consul
Advice on PreLim and other abrasives
« on: July 17, 2020, 07:34:54 pm »
Hello all:  Attached are pics of two Connies cleaning up nicely, imho. Normally, after a little more careful mechanical cleaning I would brush these with a medium bristle brush in soapy water with a mini dremel, then use PreLim with a SBB in the dremel for the final cleaning and smoothing. But sometimes PreLim will not smooth out all the cleaning marks. Does anyone have experience with an abrasive a little more aggressive than PreLim? Also, there is a good bit of silvering remaining on the two captives coin, and I‘m worried about brushing it at all with the dremel— soapy water or PreLim.  I’d appreciate any guidance others have on abrasives, on these coins or in general.
Ken W2

All coins are guaranteed for eternity