okidoki:
JUDAEA, Ascalon. Hadrian 131-32 AD Tyche-Astarte

Reference.
RPC III 4008; Sofaer 129; Yashin 183

Issue Year 224

Obv. ϹƐΒΑϹΤΟϹ
Laureate head of Hadrian, left

Rev. ΑϹΚΑΛΩ
Tyche-Astarte standing, l., on prow with standard and aphlaston; in l. field, incense altar; in r. field, dove standing l.; to r., ΔKC

9.28 gr
24 mm
12h
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=172689

Simon:
My Forum purchase of the day. I am normally Byzantine but this one had something very cool about it.

Kingdom of Bosporus, Rheskuporis V (VI), 314 - 342 A.D., Constantine the Great Reverse

98038. Billon stater, MacDonald 679/1; Anokhin 769; BMC Pontus pl. XVIII 12 (not in text), VF, dark brown patina, 8.230g, 20.6mm, 0o, Pantikapaion (Kerch, Crimea) mint, 323 - 324 A.D.; obverse BACILEVC PHCKOVPOPIDOC, diademed and draped bust of Rheskuporis right, wreath of pellets (control symbol) right; reverse laureate and draped bust of the Roman emperor Constantine the great right, K-X ([year] 620 [of the Bosporan Era]) divided across fied.

Virgil H:
Nice coin, I had looked at it a few times in the shop. The thing that got my attention was the crude portrait on the obverse that made me think at first it was a barbaric coin. Very cool coin.

Virgil

Mat:
Nice, I have one coming sometime next week with Diocletian & got it because of the crude style.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version