Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Maximinus ll ,so nice I think it has to be fake  (Read 828 times)

Offline Barabus

• Consul
Maximinus ll ,so nice I think it has to be fake
« on: March 26, 2010, 06:24:51 pm »
 I just received this coin and it just looks too good to be real.I'm sorry but I will have to use the dealers photo until my wife can figure out how to use the new camera a SVP 10.0 max digital camera.Any help with would be appreciated. The coin is 28 mm and 10.8 g. It in hand looks better than photo. Any help would be appreciated.
Organized religion is the second oldest profession, and nowhere near as honest as the first.

acidstormdd

Re: Maximinus ll ,so nice I think it has to be fake
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 07:44:12 pm »
Lovely coin. I have some Moximinus II coin's and this one looks genuine to me !
You should improve the quality of the picture it will really help :)

Offline Barabus

• Consul
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 08:24:02 pm »
 Thank you George for your comments.It seems that when I post problems with coins that I don't get many comments for some reason,maybe they are supid questions. I,m learning,but just a beginner! I looked thru Forum's fake section and didn't find it. Better pictures will come when my wife figures out the complex and confusing instruction for the camera.
Organized religion is the second oldest profession, and nowhere near as honest as the first.

gavignano

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 08:50:35 pm »
Your coin looks fine. "honker" sized!

Offline SRukke

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Go ahead, make my day.
    • My gallery. Started January 2009
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 11:09:40 pm »
I have purchased from the same seller with no issues. It looks good and a nice example.

It's sad that we have to question the authenticity of coins because they're too nice. But I have done the same. I have one that looks like it was minted yesterday and I also questioned whether it was real. It is so much nicer than the picture I bought it from that I had a hard time believing it could be 1700 years old. But I got the same answer as you.

Offline Arminius

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • carpe diem
    • Arminius-Numismatics
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 03:31:39 am »
From what i can see your coin looks authentic.

Congratulations!

Offline Barabus

• Consul
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 09:29:19 am »
 Thank you all very much for your comments!

All coins are guaranteed for eternity