Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Holy Grail in Rome?  (Read 1169 times)

Offline Numerianus

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • I love this forum!
Holy Grail in Rome?
« on: June 23, 2007, 12:15:22 pm »
http://www.alfredobarbagallo.com/

Exceptional and worring discovery in the millenary search of the Holy Grail, the ancient cup which, according to sources and age-old legends, could have contained drops of Jesus Christ’s blood.

Alfredo Barbagallo, roman medievalist, found a possible and clear drawings of the Holy Grail in Rome, Basilica di S. Lorenzo fuori le mura...

The supposition is that the Holy Grail could have been in Rome for many centuries, but is could also be, and that is really astonshing, that the Holy Grail is still in Rome, in the catacombs area...

Offline Robert_Brenchley

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Honi soit qui mal y pense.
    • My gallery
Re: Holy Grail in Rome?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 02:10:33 pm »
That's if the thing exists! They can't even make up their minds whether it held the wine at the Last Supper, or his blood at the cross. That suggests the stories developed after they developed the wine=blood 'equation' to the point where the two became equivalent.
Robert Brenchley

My gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10405
Fiat justitia ruat caelum

Offline wandigeaux (1940 - 2010)

• Deceased Member
  • Caesar
Re: Holy Grail in Rome?
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 03:25:38 pm »
You can't deny it is a picture of a cup, but the jump from that to holy grail is journalistic/archeological grandstanding.  Is Geraldo Rivera involved?  George Spradling
Hwaet!
"The pump don't work 'cuz the Vandals took the handle" - St. Augustine
GET THE HELL OFF MY LAWN!!
(1940 - 2010)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity