Numismatic and History Discussion Forums > Greek Coins Discussion Forum

The Last of the NewStyles

<< < (4/4)

Virgil H:
I am sure there is something to that argument, plus they are small, so hard to see. They could do a revolving type display, but that would add to cost. Or focus on just one side as a theme or something, such as emperors. There are ways. But there are hundreds or even thousands of small museums with no coins and a small display would add to their offerings and be of interest. Better than being in a box in a dusty basement. It could even be a loan system. My small local museum has no coins. Just a thought, but most museums aren't going to give up anything. I think coin displays at art museums would be nice, too. Wouldn't have to be huge displays, either and could also be some kind of chronological display. I could go on, many museums have all kinds of things that no one ever sees. I just find that sad.

Virgil

cicerokid:
A museum  CORBY Northampton was donated a stellar  old kingdom statue. Corby was the centre of the now long gone shoe industry. The museum loves all things shoes. So after a time the statue became lodged in it's back rooms. Then some museum staff decided it had to go so they could get some more shoes. And lo and behold they sold it. Half to them and half to the family of the original owners.
I generally HATE museums, corridors of ignorance.

Virgil H:
Holy moly, a statue like that would be the centerpiece of many small museums. And they could have had sandals on display beside it or something :-)

Virgil

cicerokid:

That's what expert do, make mistakes!  Look up museum of shoes Northampton look how crap it it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version