Numismatic and History Discussion Forums > Greek Coins Discussion Forum

Bellinger Philippi in Macedon Plates?

(1/1)

Virgil H:
I can't remember if I actually saw the plates that are supposed to be with the article Philippi in Macedon, by Bellinger, in ANS Museum Notes 1960 file I downloaded from Haithi Trust, I suspect I never saw them because those plates are all missing (plates VI to XI). Also the actual year of this article is, I think, actually 1962. It is almost 1,000 pages encompassing three or four years. I would love to extract the article from that document, not sure I can do that with the software I own.

Anyway, can anyone let me know if those plates are available online somewhere? I am interested in the Phillip II naked horsemen bronze coins, specifically.

Thanks,
Virgil

Altamura:

--- Quote from: Virgil H on February 12, 2022, 04:32:23 pm ---... Anyway, can anyone let me know if those plates are available online somewhere? ...
--- End quote ---
This article appeared 1964 in Museum Notes volume 11, on hathitrust there are several scans of it and at least some include these plates, see e.g. here :):
https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=uc1.$b217979&view=1up&seq=357&skin=2021
(perhaps you have to copy the complete URL and paste it into the URL field of the browser in case Forvm softare is killing it again :-\).

Regards

Altamura

Virgil H:
Thank you, Altamura, I didn't think about multiple copies of it, the version I downloaded is missing just those plates, it seems. And that link you sent is exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks again,
Virgil

Tracy Aiello:
Altamura and Virgil,

I just added a link to the scanned article on the Numiswiki entry for Bellinger Philippi.

Tracy

Virgil H:
Thanks, Tracy!

Virgil

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version