Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 5 July!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 5 July!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Discussion board blank white screen  (Read 208 times)

Offline Meepzorp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • Meepzorp's Ancient Coins
Discussion board blank white screen
« on: February 02, 2022, 04:27:19 am »
Hi folks,

Since late Saturday night, I had a problem with Forum's discussion board. I couldn't see it. It was nothing but a blank white screen. Most of the rest of the Forum website was fine. Many Forum website features were working properly, including the hosted websites. But the discussion board and Fake Coin Reports were nothing but a blank white screen. There was no error message or anything like that. There was just nothing there.

I emailed Nick Molinari Sunday night, after I was experiencing this problem for almost 24 hours. He informed me that it was working fine for him. So, apparently, the issue wasn't affecting everyone.

I emailed owner Joe Monday morning. He forwarded my email to the webmaster (Sorin). Sorin was able to diagnose the problem. He advised me to try to log out via MyForum, and it worked. I could see the discussion board. I logged in, and it worked. But when I tried to log out, the same thing happened again. I got that same blank white screen again. Obviously, it was some sort of issue with the "log out" feature.

Apparently, Sorin corrected the issue early today because everything seems to working fine. I would like to thank him here for fixing the problem.

That's why I haven't been in Forum since Saturday night. I couldn't see the discussion board. There was nothing there but a blank white screen.

Now that the problem seems to be fixed, I was wondering if anyone else experienced the same problem.

Meepzorp

Offline Altamura

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: Discussion board blank white screen
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 05:10:17 am »
Quote from: Meepzorp on February 02, 2022, 04:27:19 am
... Now that the problem seems to be fixed, I was wondering if anyone else experienced the same problem. ...
Me too  :).

Regards

Altamura

Offline Sorin Teodor

• Website Developer
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Praetorian
  • Building your favorite coin website since 2002.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 07:32:16 am »
Board should work now, even if you are logged out.
Sorin Teodor
Website Developer & Sys Admin
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Lech Stępniewski

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • NOT IN RIC
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2022, 07:33:58 am »
Lech Stępniewski
NOT IN RIC
Poland

Offline Lech Stępniewski

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • NOT IN RIC
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2022, 07:37:46 am »
Board should work now, even if you are logged out.

And what about visibility of pictures for not logged users (especially new visitors). There should be an information that some pictures are visible only after registration/logging.
Lech Stępniewski
NOT IN RIC
Poland

All coins are guaranteed for eternity