Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Domitian RIC Type Confirmation Request  (Read 266 times)

Derek H

Domitian RIC Type Confirmation Request
« on: December 07, 2021, 02:51:11 pm »
I am new to working with RIC identification and wanted to confirm if my guess is correct.

I think this is RIC 660 (Volume II part 1). Is there a standardized way to write that? Thanks.

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
Re: Domitian RIC Type Confirmation Request
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 04:45:16 pm »
Correct, RIC 660.  I never put the volume since this latest edition is over 10 years old now.

Fantastic coin.  It's rated R3 in RIC meaning only one specimen known. The footnote says it is from the AM collection, which just so happens to be a forum member Alex Marian

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/Alex/

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/Alex/i/8-17-14-3var.jpg

Derek H

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2021, 09:47:30 pm »
Thank you for the information and the links. I’ve been spending the evening reviewing the site. That’s a great selection of coins and an interesting read on Domitian’s life.

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2021, 10:21:14 pm »
I didn't even know it existed until you posted and I looked it up!

Also check Forum galleries, specifically mine, orfew's, David Atherton's and FlaviusDomitianus'  You'll find lots of Flavian coins.  David's is the best all round Flavian gallery.  Almost all silver specimens from RIC are represented.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity