Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Corinthia, Corinth AR Stater ID  (Read 528 times)

Offline Kim B. N

• Caesar
  • Omnium rerum principia parva sunt
Corinthia, Corinth AR Stater ID
« on: October 22, 2021, 05:10:55 pm »
Hi all can someone help with an ID on this lovely AR stater?
Thank you for your time and help. ps. I am sorry i can show the toning of the coin in the picture, it is so sweet.  ;D
Cheers Kim.

Coin Info: Corinth AR Stater

Helmeted head of Athena left; dolphin above. Cockerel on the right.

Pegasus flying left. (Maybe something below pegasus?)

Weight: 7.29 g.
Size: 2.2 cm

Offline Akropolis

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Akropolis Ancient Coins
Re: Corinthia, Corinth AR Stater ID
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 05:27:53 pm »
There is a Greek letter Q for Koppa, beneath the Pegasus, signifying it was struck at Corinth. With this information, you can search acsearch.com or Sixbid.com or other popular search places and find a match and reference number for your coin.
Good luck,
PeteB

Offline Kim B. N

• Caesar
  • Omnium rerum principia parva sunt
Re: Corinthia, Corinth AR Stater ID
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 05:39:50 pm »
And i think i got a winner! Corinthia, Corinth AR Stater. Circa 400-375 BC. Pegasos flying left, Q below / Helmeted head of Athena left; dolphin above, cockerel behind. Pegasi 26; BCD Corinth.

Thank you Akropolis. :)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity