Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Appreciate your help in ID  (Read 829 times)

Ann Y

Appreciate your help in ID
« on: June 09, 2021, 07:11:46 pm »
Hello,

I'd appreciate any thoughts and input :) I recently purchased this with the intent of wearing it as jewelry as it is punched in a way to be worn as a necklace. However, to my surprise upon arrival it is massive and heavy and not fit for wearing for my taste. I came upon this forum in my search for answers and am wondering if there is any authenticity to this coin and what history would be behind it as I am not a coin collector and have absolutely no experience in this field. The person I purchased it from stated that it was part of an inherited collection of jewelry.

Would appreciate any help or input and thanks in advance!

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
Re: Appreciate your help in ID
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 07:22:56 pm »
Welcome to the Forum.  What you have is a copy of a Syracuse tetradrachm. It wouldn't fool an ancient collector but a nice jewelry piece.

Something like this
https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=5159707

All coins are guaranteed for eternity