Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Diarbekir Hoard - help needed  (Read 697 times)

Offline paulus_dinius

• Legionary
    • Paul's Roman Coins
Diarbekir Hoard - help needed
« on: March 03, 2020, 08:37:43 am »
Dear All

I have for some time been attempting to obtain a copy of Kurt Regling's report of the Diarbekir Hoard.

Kurt Regling
'Der Schatz römischer Goldmünzen von Diarbekir (Mardin)'
Blätter für Münzfreunde, vol. 66 (1931) pp.353-365, 369-381, and pls. 382, 384

The article was issued separately as a brochure by Münzhandlung A. Riechmann (Halle) in 1932 (see cover below).  I have made numerous searches to obtain a copy, and even tried inter-library loans, but the English library system was unable to obtain a copy. 

Does anyone know if this is available online - anywhere?  Or failing that, is there any one who has this rare item and would be willing to scan it for me?  I have numerous reference to coins reportedly in the hoard, but have been unable to check the validity of the citations.

Many thanks in anticipation,

Paul

Paul Dinsdale

Offline JBF

• Caesar
Re: Diarbekir Hoard - help needed
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 11:20:03 pm »
What I would try, find a copy at some numismatic organization, ANS, RNS, so forth.  If you are a member, try to use that, if you are member of a history society, or numismatic organization, or academic organization, or university, use that to build up who you are to them.  go for an interlibrary loan, but instead of just your local library, something that has some status, from a numismatic organization, or university or major city library (NY Public for example), if you can't just check out for yourself, see if you can offer to merely come in and use it as a reserve at the institution, instead of checking it out.  If they are leary about letting you check out a rare book, you might see if the library can hold onto it, and let you go to the library to use it.

Just an idea

Kind regards,

JBF

All coins are guaranteed for eternity