Numismatic and History Discussion Forums > Classical Numismatics Books and References Discussion Forum

Sergeev's Barbarian Coins on the Territory Between the Balkans and Central Asia?

(1/1)

Virgil H:
I ran across this reference today and I looked online to find out more. It doesn't seem very available at all, no reviews, etc. Pretty obscure. Anyone have an opinion of it? Can it even be obtained? Hardcopy? Online? I could find no mention on Numiswiki.

Barbarian Coins on the Territory Between the Balkans and Central Asia: Catalog of Andrei Sergeev's Collection at the State Historical Museum (Moscow)

Thanks,
Virgil

Victor C:
I bought a new copy on Amazon two years ago. It is an interesting catalog of a large collection of "barbs" spanning centuries. I don't use it as a reference.

Virgil H:
Thanks, Amazon has none at the moment or anywhere else when I looked earlier. It was the only reference used for a coin I was looking at and it is also the first coin of this type I have ever seen a barbaric imitation of. I didn't even know they existed. I am also no expert in eastern imitations. Looks like an interesting catalog.

Virgil

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version