Ancient Coin Discussions In Other Languages > Forum numizmatyki antycznej po polsku

Suspicious Diocletianus follis Antioch

<< < (3/4) > >>

Heliodromus:

--- Quote ---Do we have this obverse die of Galerius Maximianus already in or database?
--- End quote ---

I havn't seen that one - nice catch!

It's interesting to see the same reverse die with POPV-LI rather than POPV- :Greek_Gamma: I

This seems to be an Antioch style bust, which was previously missing (we had Alexandria busts paired with this reverse).

Presumably we'll also find this obverse paired with some of the other reverses in this "mix n match" set.

Din X:
I have ordered this one, it seems to be an obverse die match to the one in first post and so on.
The reverse die is very close to a reverse die, which we do know already from this fake series.
Are the reverse dies identical or only very similar and differences due to striking?
(I think only similar there are some differences but they have much in common, recut reverse die?)

Din X:
Here are my fakes

Tietjen Auktion 127 los 476  Diocletian

Artemide eLive Auktion 23 los 717 Diocletian

Aureo Calico Auktion 394 los 1287 Galerius Maximianus

Aureo Calico Auktion 394 los 1268 Maximinianus

Ebay Jovian

Lech Stępniewski:

--- Quote from: Din X on October 23, 2022, 09:27:02 am ---(I think only similar there are some differences but they have much in common, recut reverse die?)

--- End quote ---

Only very similar. And very soft. I believe that recut die should give more sharp coins.

Lech Stępniewski:

--- Quote from: Din X on October 23, 2022, 09:30:48 am ---Here are my fakes

--- End quote ---

Nice fakes  :) Could you give the source and the data of each coin?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version