Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Metrology of Ptolemaic Bronze Coins - Part 2 - Alexandria 2nd - 1st C BC  (Read 447 times)

Offline PtolemAE

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • PtolemyBronze.com
    • The PtolemAE Project - Ptolemaic Bronzes
Originally submitted two years ago and delayed for over a year,

A Metrological Survey of Ptolemaic Bronze Coins II:
Alexandria First and Second Centuries BC

has just been published in AJN 2021 (Volume 33), pp. 57 - 119.

Based on weight data of about 4,400 coins, this paper addresses some of the confusion about several pairs of similar-looking types and proposes quite a different interpretation of some coin 'series' than previous publications about Ptolemaic coins of this time period.

PDF offprints of the paper now available from the author.

PtolemAE

Offline Kevin D

• Consul
I would like the PDF Offprint of your paper.

Not sure how to obtain the PDF, so I am posting here and will also try to send a private message through the Forum Website.

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
Congraultaions.

I just saw the notice that AJN33 should be shipping soon!

SC

SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

Offline Kevin D

• Consul
Received. Thank you for the 70 page PDF Offprint of your Paper. I look forward to reading this most recently published work, I am sure it is as well written and researched as your past publications.

Offline PtolemAE

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • PtolemyBronze.com
I would like the PDF Offprint of your paper.

Not sure how to obtain the PDF, so I am posting here and will also try to send a private message through the Forum Website.

Message received and PDF sent along.

Thank you for your interest.

PtolemAE

Offline PtolemAE

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • PtolemyBronze.com
Congraultaions.

I just saw the notice that AJN33 should be shipping soon!

SC

Thank you. I found this to be a very difficult project, eventually taking three years to write. Then unforeseen issues delayed it yet another year (it was submitted, reviewed, and accepted-as-corrected by July of 2020). It's been a work in progress for five years until now. Glad it's out. Hope those who do read it will find some novel hypothesis about late Ptolemaic bronze coinage that are justified by data and rather different from the last ten years' prevailing view.

PtolemAE

Offline cicerokid

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
That's is monster work, worthy of the greats whence you shall ascend to sit amongst the clouds of the Olympian heroes of numismatics.

All I've got in 72gm Ptolemy  lll with Chi-Ro and Cornucopia,which is not enough for an entrance ticket!

Now that is what I call numismatics!

John
Timeo Danaos afferentem coronas

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
I just got the issue today in the mail. Looking forward to reading this. Congrats on it finally being published.
Regards,
Virgil

All coins are guaranteed for eternity