Numismatic and History Discussion Forums > Classical Numismatics Books and References Discussion Forum

Bookplates

<< < (2/12) > >>

akeady:
Here's an interesting one - eminent numismatist with a more famous brother!

[BROKEN LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN]

In this volume dedicated to the memory of Albert Baldwin:

[BROKEN LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN]

ATB,
Aidan.

Victor C:

I have a few that are ex-Bastien

Steve Moulding:
Thanks Aidan and Victor! They're great. I've also seen Bastien's plate on my travels; yours is a nice example.

Aidan, for some reason I can only see your images from my phone. On my home desktop, instead of images I just see a large "Stop Sign" symbol instead of each image. It could well be my fault (some site-blocker in my browser). Are they hosted images or you uploaded them? (not sure if that makes a difference). I can see Victor's no problem.

Cheers,

Steve

Steve Moulding:
Hi all, this one came from my copy of the Bement Greek sale, Naville VI, 1924. The catalog was from the library of J. Pedersen in Boras, Sweden. In searching online for more information about him I did see other examples of this plate in past literature sales where he was described as a 'famous coin dealer', but nothing further as yet.

Steve

Ron C2:
Silly question then: do any forum members still follow this practise? If yes, what is your plate? How do you produce and affix them? Any other nuggets of wisdom?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version