Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Trajan Sestertius. The long legend of legends. COD  (Read 529 times)

Offline Kim B. N

• Caesar
  • Omnium rerum principia parva sunt
Trajan Sestertius. The long legend of legends. COD
« on: November 21, 2021, 02:50:21 pm »
Good evening board. Well as the subject states, the legend of legends in my collection. i counted 38 letters.  ;D But old Trajan also do look stately on this coin.
A nice find on our Scandinavian Coin Fair. And to think the seller put it in the no ID section.  ???
Cheers Kim

Trajan Sestertius. Rome, AD 109-110.
IMP CAES NERVAE TRAIANO AVG GER DAC P M TR P COS V [P P], laureate head to right, with drapery on far shoulder
 S P Q R OPTIMI PRINCIPI, Arabia standing facing, head to left, holding branch and uncertain object, camel at feet; S-C across fields, ARAB ADQVIS in exergue.
RIC II 466; C. 32; Woytek 365b; BMCRE 959
Weight: 25.83 g.
3.4 cm

Online quadrans

• Tribunus Plebis 2019
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.
    • My Gallery Albums
Re: Trajan Sestertius. The long legend of legends. COD
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 10:29:25 pm »
Hi, Kim,

Nice 👍🤗

The reverse legends:

p q r optimo principi' target='_blank'>S P Q R OPTIMO PRINCIPI…

Regards

Joe
All the Best :), Joe
My Gallery

All coins are guaranteed for eternity