Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Ruzicka Die Munzen von Serdica  (Read 623 times)

Offline rennrad12020

• Caesar
Ruzicka Die Munzen von Serdica
« on: October 04, 2021, 10:03:41 pm »
Today this very exciting book arrived.  An original edition of Die Munzen von Serdica by Leon Ruzicka, published in 1915.   The inscription is why I had to have it.

Offline Mark Fox

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
Re: Ruzicka Die Munzen von Serdica
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 10:57:44 pm »
Dear John and Board,

Whoa!  What an incredible find indeed!  And it is so nice to see someone who was able to write so neatly and proficiently by hand.  A dying art and life skill these days. 

Earlier this year, I was very fortunate (or unfortunate?) to have stumbled upon a mass of books, catalogs, and personal literature from the late Gregory Brunk's library, most of which were offered essentially unattributed by a certain numismatic firm.   I suspect I was motivated in the same way as you were in obtaining items of such a special and unique nature!

Best regards,

Mark Fox
Michigan

Offline rennrad12020

• Caesar
Re: Ruzicka Die Munzen von Serdica
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 11:12:05 pm »
Thank you Mark!  It's my new favorite book! It's like holding a piece of numismatic History!  My wife and daughter both complimented the author's penmanship.

JPW

All coins are guaranteed for eternity