Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Can anyone please identify this??  (Read 372 times)

Offline Carianne H

• Auxiliary
Can anyone please identify this??
« on: August 03, 2022, 05:41:43 pm »
Hello everyone! I am new here and I apologise if this is not the correct forum for this kind of question.
We we on the beach today with the metal detector, and we came across this coin... I have had a look and it's not on the site... So guessing it's not Greek or roman.
If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it.
I am very interested to know what you all think...
These photos are the front and back, you can see a golden tone to it... But I don't want to clean it too much

Offline clueless

• Caesar
Re: Can anyone please identify this??
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 07:46:17 am »
Quite outside of my field of interest, but it looks like a Spanish Real that has been gold plated once upon a time.

Just my 2 bits,

Clueless

Offline djmacdo

• Tribunus Plebis 2017
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • I love this forum!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 09:14:41 am »
To me it looks like a souvenir key fob, a modern cast, once gold plated.

Offline PeterD

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • omnium curiositatum explorator
    • Historia
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2022, 10:25:07 am »
Possibly a Nuremberg jeton.

See http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/pages/nuremberg-jetons.html for general information.
Peter, London

Historia: A collection of coins with their historical context https://www.forumancientcoins.com/historia

Offline Jan P

• Caesar
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2022, 06:35:42 am »
As it seems,"these photos" are in fact one photo. Or, at least, I can only see one and would feel better informed if I saw the two sides.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity