Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: NYINC 2022  (Read 777 times)

Offline PMah

• Caesar
  • Qui risus classe devicta multas ipsi lacrimas...
NYINC 2022
« on: January 07, 2022, 01:01:42 am »
Time for my annual encouragement to attend NYINC.  In omicron-infused 2022, of course one must be careful, informed, and make the decision that's right for you, and if that means attendance, you must be vaxxed for entry to public events in NYC.  I am planning on my usual several visits. 
  I would only say this -- I have seen stories that, as usual,  exaggerate danger in NYC compared to some mythical locales.  The Vax rate in Manhattan is among the highest in the country.  If your health choice is not to go to any public places, that may be the right decision for you.  But it is not likely that any other public event will be safer. 
  Let's hope we can all get together in 2023, no strings attached!  Be well!
Be Well, Stay Healthy, Support your Local Numismatic Club

Paul 

My Gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album

Offline esnible

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • gorgon coins
Re: NYINC 2022
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 03:54:11 pm »
I have attended a few of the auction previews.

I was required to show ID and proof of vaccination to get in.  Everyone I saw was wearing masks.

Offline Steve Moulding

• Consul
    • Auction & Provenance Databases
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 04:39:51 pm »
Hi Ed, it looks quiet based on that picture! I finally decided today to skip it after all. Hopefully will make it next year (though I said the same thing 12 months ago).  Sad, but oh well.
Glad to hear everyone's masked. Stay safe.

Cheers,

Steve
Steve Moulding
New York

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2022, 07:22:00 pm »
Yes, stay safe!

Offline PMah

• Caesar
  • Qui risus classe devicta multas ipsi lacrimas...
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2022, 10:37:49 pm »
We'll see what tomorrow brings!  I attended previews around the same time as Ed.   I will early-bird on Thursday and then see how it goes.  A few of the programs on Friday and Saturday are appealing .
     Hard to say how far to stretch my luck and KN95 supply.
Be Well, Stay Healthy, Support your Local Numismatic Club

Paul 

My Gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album

Offline Anaximander

• Caesar
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2022, 12:02:59 pm »
Thanks for highlighting the 2022 NY Int'l coin show.  I've been to a few major coin shows, but never the NY Int'l. Odd that, since I'm from Manhattan. I do not travel a lot, anymore, but I do want to hit the coin shows.  They were always the place to get supplies, books, catch a seminar, pick up some free literature, meet with coin dealers, and (of course) buy coins.   

All coins are guaranteed for eternity