Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: KOINON IV Sampler  (Read 507 times)

Offline Molinari

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
KOINON IV Sampler
« on: December 14, 2021, 07:55:50 am »
Here is a link to the KOINON IV sampler, where you can find the editorial, contents page, and sample essay from Prof. Edward Dandrow (concerning the iconography on a medallion of Elagabalus)!

https://www.academia.edu/64050809/KOINON_IV_Oxford_Archaeopress_2021_

Enjoy, and get your submissions ready for April ;)

Offline n.igma

• Caesar
  • Life is bigger than a Tweet.
Re: KOINON IV Sampler
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 04:31:49 pm »
I recently received received a hard copy of KOINON IV. It is a most impressive volume in terms of content, presentation and scope.

As I usually find is the case, the digital version available for download with the purchase of the hardcopy hardly does justice to the impressive 231 page volume in the hand.

And for a price of 30 pounds for the hard copy (which also includes a digital copy download) this is an absolute bargain relative to the lofty prices attached to most numismatic publications. https://www.archaeopress.com/ArchaeopressShop/Public/defaultAll.asp?Series=KOINON

Congratulations and well done Nick! In KOINON you have achieved something of which you can truly be proud. Its come a long way in four short years!

All historical inquiry is contingent and provisional, and our own prejudices will in due course come under scrutiny by our successors.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity