Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Mysore, superb example of Elephant Paisa  (Read 690 times)

Offline Victor N

• Praetorian
Mysore, superb example of Elephant Paisa
« on: May 21, 2021, 06:48:16 am »

Mysore, Tipu Sultan, Paisa, Nagar, AM1224 - Alif,
this coin has 'ye' in Mauludi inscribed in 'lazy' form & is an unlisted variety

Amongst the first Indian coins I bought in 1961 aged 15, the local coin shop had a bag of Indian & Islamic coins and I had to wait 3 weeks before the shop had the go ahead to sell them. The bag was reserved for me and it took several weeks till I had paid for them all.  This superb coin is in uncirculated condition and an unlisted variety.

Another coin on zeno has the same Obverse die but a different Reverse in the regular style.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity