Numismatic and History Discussion Forums > Uncleaned Ancient Coin Discussion Forum

Round 8 - Bobicus

(1/2) > >>

Bobicus:
Greetings All,

My coins are here and I am on my way to the contest now.  Here are the coins I've got along with my initial thoughts.  I am not looking for attribution help, but I think it may be amusing to see how correct my first impressions turn out to be:

Left to Right)
1) Tacitus, Salvs Publi with a very fragile silvering.  I'll follow up with another post showing my cleaning progress and thoughts.
2) A type I haven't seen before, The portrait looks like it is in the style of a provencial, but the reverse looks like a typical imperal reverse, though I've never seen the K's between the standards before.
3)Definate roman imperal, the reverse is new to me and should be easy to attribute
4) Standard roman imperal, we'll see if it's RIC ends up being C (my guess) or Rn something.
5) Now the hairy coin.  This is a greek or AE4 Provencial that is set in concrete-like encrustations.  We'll see if I can attribute it or not, this is the only coin that will prevent me getting into round 5.

Any scanning advice is welcome, though my scanner is a cheap scanner that came bundled with my computer.  If I can ever find a camera that will take pictures of an AE4 in focus, I'll be upgrading to it.

Bob

cscoppa:
GREAT LOOKING COINS. Your scan is okay. Excellent mix of coins, good luck in whichever round you wind-up in. I like the gradual reduction in size as you have aranged them.

stickman:
You have some nice coins there and a nice mix as well.  What's that on the end?  A bottle cap? (just kidding) ;D
Good luck and happy cleaning!

TKE96:
I think this group of coins will do wonders for your education in the coin world.  Good luck on your attributions! :D

maridvnvm:
What a nice mix. I will be looking forward to the results of this one. Good luck.
Martin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version