Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Class A Follis Ornaments on NumisWiki  (Read 46866 times)

Offline cmcdon0923

• Caesar
Re: Class A Follis Ornaments on NumisWiki
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2019, 04:44:09 pm »
How "recently" was it sold?  A search by that item number comes up empty.  Do you perhaps have a picture of the item?

Craig

Offline Quant.Geek

• Consul
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2019, 07:48:59 pm »
Apparently, he is talking about the following coin that was sold by Lanz on Ebay [LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN].  I'll add the picture of the coin here so that it doesn't disappear...

Jonathan P3

« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2021, 03:28:51 pm »
Hello

Recently picked up this follis, and can't seem to find a match. Interestingly, the obverse seems to have "NI" "KA" flanking the portrait, whereas usually it is "IC" and "XC". I can't quite make it out, but it looks as though there may be some letters flanking the head -- perhaps these are "IC" and "XC", thus completing the traditional inscription on the reverse of these coins, "IC XC NI KA"? Could just be artifacts from doublestrike/overstrike, too? But I can't imagine how the NI KA could be accidental.

Jonathan P3

« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2021, 04:57:10 pm »
whoops, look like this is actually a coin of Romanus IV Diogenes, not an anonymous follis! the obverse fooled me.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity