Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Poll

FORVM Award For Numismatic Excellence?

Yes
12 (60%)
No
8 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Moneta-L - Award Poll  (Read 1673 times)

Offline Pep

• Magistratus Optima Lege VI
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
Moneta-L - Award Poll
« on: August 20, 2004, 07:08:46 pm »

Offline ecd_hopkins

• Legionary
    • The History & Coins of the Parthian Empire
Re:Moneta-L - Award Poll
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 09:34:29 am »
Unfortunately, I don't think the Moneta-L mail list qualifies under the rules.

Though it is not a web site, it is a wonderful source of information on ancient numismatics and should be reconsidered if the rules are changed.

Charax

Offline Robert_Brenchley

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Honi soit qui mal y pense.
    • My gallery
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 09:41:33 am »
I think you're probably right, but maybe we should have a new category for discussion lists. A lot of them deserve it, but there are exceptions, naming no names.
Robert Brenchley

My gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10405
Fiat justitia ruat caelum

Offline Pep

• Magistratus Optima Lege VI
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 01:10:10 am »
I added language to Rule 1 so it now says "websites and discussion lists".  Wow, thank you everyone for reading the "Rules For The Award" so carefully :) .  Vote how you like but I personally think one shouldn't let a spirit of competition develop between our board and others, we can learn alot from them all.

Pep  8)

Offline Robert_Brenchley

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Honi soit qui mal y pense.
    • My gallery
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2004, 08:08:33 am »
I'm on most of the lists, apart from those run by one person who I find offensive. Some are really superfluous, as all they have is ads which are copied to numerous lists. Others are excellent. There's really no need for exclusivity, though I do think (and I'm not just flattering Joe, I don't do that sort of thing) that this is the best of the lot.
Robert Brenchley

My gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10405
Fiat justitia ruat caelum

All coins are guaranteed for eternity