Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Poll

Which format do you prefer for our annual award? (read below)

0 (0%)
5 (35.7%)
9 (64.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Annual Award Logos- Poll  (Read 1990 times)

Offline Pep

• Magistratus Optima Lege VI
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
Annual Award Logos- Poll
« on: August 02, 2004, 04:55:28 am »
The first option involves giving all recipients throughout the year a logo with gold Victories and then awarding a gold, silver, and bronze bar that the annual winners would put under that standard logo.  If you want websites to be eligible for the annual award for multiple years, this might be easier to add to.

The second option would give a logo with green patina Victories to all recipients and then at the end of the year the gold/silver/bronze winners will be given a logo with the Victories and year colored appropriately to replace their standard ones.  This would be difficult for a site that won gold one year and bronze the next without giving them two separate logos.

The third option is like the second but the regular award has gold Victories and the colors would be in the wreaths and year.  You could add wreaths and years at the bottom if a site wins again in later years.  You know what, I'm going to start another poll asking if y'all want winners to be eligible in future years, keep that in mind when you vote here too.  The other poll is at:
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/board/index.php?board=32;action=display;threadid=11964

Thanks,

Kevin  8)

Notice:  I'll see how the other poll goes, this one may need a runoff depending on the other's outcome.

Note:  I have cleaned up my webspace and uploaded the first choice in the message below for posterity.

Offline Bluefish

• Comitia Curiata II
  • Consul
  • I used to have a handle on life, but it broke
Re:Annual Award Logos
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 08:52:12 am »

I like the last set with the laurel wreats, but would like to see the Victories colored to match, like in example #2.

:)
HAM & EGGS-a day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.  
The only difference between a rut & a grave is the depth

Offline Salem Alshdaifat

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • I am coincoholic ,I need help plzzzzz.
    • http://www.vcoins.com/en/stores/athena_numismatics
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2004, 01:22:42 pm »
i think the second one . ;D
salem

Offline Ecgþeow

• Consul
    • my gallery
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2004, 05:06:38 pm »
I like the 3rd one best. I like the whole wreath thing.

ember

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2004, 05:29:31 pm »
I like Bluefish's idea.

Darcy

Offline Pep

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 06:40:07 pm »
So be it.  This also works well with the other poll approving of sites that win an annual award being eligible for future annual awards.  If they win again they get another year and wreath beneath the other one(s).

Kevin  8)

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 08:50:49 pm »
I think the date/wreath yellow is too yellow and not gold enough.  (Boy is that getting picky. :) )  

Some awards actually are are offered in a number of variations and the recipient is permitted to select the style they like.  
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Pep

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
Re:Closed Poll - Annual Award Logos
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2004, 07:55:00 pm »
Here is the first choice for posterity.  Silver and bronze bars were also displayed but you get the idea with this one.

Kevin  8)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity