Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Tetricus I bust  (Read 330 times)

Offline Flav V

• Caesar
Tetricus I bust
« on: July 19, 2022, 06:39:52 am »
Hello,

Im stil out of my period (even if i know this one too as all others, but im more on Vth century), my question is about the bust: draped on cuirassed? Its used and difficult to determine, in my opinion the form at the left of letter G on obverse indicate a cuirassed bust. But i ask your opinion because you probably analyzed more coins of this period than me.
RIC VB n°71? Another question: https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=5962925 why its wrote RIC V2 407,71? 71 ok but there is no n°407

Offline Pekka K

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • ...one coin at a time...
Re: Tetricus I bust
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2022, 06:55:18 am »

407 is page number, where this coin is listed in RIC V part II.

Pekka K

Offline Flav V

• Caesar
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2022, 07:14:41 am »
Oh ok, i thinked it were a revised version

Offline Flav V

• Caesar
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2022, 08:14:36 am »
I have mairat already, but no many peoples knows it. And i need to put references of the most known book. You mean 898 of Mairat mint of Cologne? Not 598. Its RIC 71 too if cuirassed only.

Thanks all, ill rank the coin in my data.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity