Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Terracotta sling shots  (Read 634 times)

Offline Kilian O

• Consul
Terracotta sling shots
« on: November 13, 2021, 10:24:10 am »
I know they excist as I saw multiple people in the Netherlands find them on fields. I wonder if they are indeed slingshots or maybe something else. How often were these used in comparison to the lead counterpart?

Thanks  +++

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
Re: Terracotta sling shots
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2021, 01:34:35 pm »
Some of the best information I have seen on this subject is on the forum slinging.org ("stone age ballistics").  I kid you not, there is a forum dedicated to the sling.

SC
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

Offline Kilian O

• Consul
Re: Terracotta sling shots
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2021, 05:52:05 am »
Thanks! I'll ask my question there  ;D .

All coins are guaranteed for eternity