Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: 2 New Previously Unnoticed Symbols Found on Coin of Herod Antipas  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Tacitus

• Caesar
2 New Previously Unnoticed Symbols Found on Coin of Herod Antipas
« on: September 17, 2019, 12:46:41 pm »
Two previously unnoticed symbols on Herod Antipas’ largest denomination of 33/4 CE (TJC:227, No. 87) are described and discussed. The features, which appear to be a star and a cornucopia, are present on all dies of the type. The reason for these symbols is unknown.

https://tinyurl.com/wkpmtqk

William M7

Re: 2 New Previously Unnoticed Symbols Found on Coin of Herod Antipas
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 07:38:03 pm »
I have run across this article in my research on a non-numismatic topic, and was pleasantly surprised to see it referenced in this forum.  I have emailed both contributors to this article, but have not yet heard back from them.  Is anyone in this forum aware of this coin and/or knowledgeable about it?  If os, I would appreciate being allowed to make contact and ask questions.  I thank you, Bill Mayor, [email removed by Forum]

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Re: 2 New Previously Unnoticed Symbols Found on Coin of Herod Antipas
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 07:54:50 pm »
Bill you should never put your email on a forum like this bots are continuously searching the web for them to add you to SPAM lists. I know you are already getting SPAM, we all are, but do you want more? Let people answer you here on the discussion or with a private message.  

Both of the authors are members of this discussion.

Jean-Philippe Fontanille is no longer active online in any way. He is not answering emails.

Aaron J Kogon is a member who was last here a few days ago, maybe he will answer here or by private message.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

All coins are guaranteed for eternity