Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Online or Downloadable Ancient Coin Collecting Inventory Software For Windows 10  (Read 922 times)

Greg W

Having just started to collect Roman coins I would like to keep a record/inventory of what I will be purchasing. Can anyone recommend a good inventory software for Windows 10?

Offline Pawel K

• Praetorian
Excel :)

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
I am sure there is specialized software for sale out there, but spreadsheets do work very well, as do even word processors in a table format. Spreadsheets are more sophisticated and allow for numerical values to be manipulated better, such as price paid. The downside to doing it yourself in a spreadsheet (and I do not say Excel because I use the free Open Office suite that is as good as any Microsoft product you pay for) is you need to plan all the fields you need, although new fields may be added at any time (or deleted).  If you already have Excel, it is fine. It just is the same as any other spreadsheet.

Virgil

Offline Ron C2

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Qvod perierat adhvc exstat nvmmorvm
I use a copy of RIC, and my FORUM gallery to keep track.  Call me old fashioned.
My Ancient Coin Gallery: Click here

R. Cormier, Ottawa

Greg W

Thank you all for reply and the advice.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity