Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: RPC Project News and Notes  (Read 19715 times)

Offline Tom Mullally

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: RPC Project News and Notes
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2023, 04:48:37 pm »
It's my understanding that RPC V for Egypt, Asia Minor and the Levant should be out by the end of the year or early 2024.  Vol V for Europe is still a couple of years away, we have A LOT of work still to do in Greece, Thrace, and Moesia.

Tom
Tom Mullally

Classical Numismatic Group

Offline Mark Fox

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2023, 11:14:06 pm »
Dear Board,

RPC X is back and its début is official this time:

https://rpc.ashmus.ox.ac.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/RPCproject

Enjoy, and don't be afraid to send corrections in addition to new coin submissions!

Best regards,

Mark Fox
Michigan

Offline Pekka K

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • ...one coin at a time...
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2023, 11:30:14 am »

2 additions submitted and already listed.

Pekka K

Offline DzikiZdeb

• Caesar
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2023, 01:24:43 pm »
I didn't notice when RPC IV.4 changed its status to "Published". Will this volume actually be in print soon?

Offline Tom Mullally

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2023, 05:50:48 pm »
I've got about 100 I need to submit to RPC X, now I just need to find their photos somewhere on my hard drive... As to when it'll come out in print, that'll be a while.  He still has to accept new submissions, edits, etc.  I would expect a couple of years at least.

Tom
Tom Mullally

Offline Tom Mullally

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2023, 12:00:14 am »
Also, if you hadn't noticed, RPC IV has started switching from temporary numbers to permanent, so a printed version should be coming out soon.  As soon as a release date is set we'll let you know.

Tom
Tom Mullally

Offline Mark Fox

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2023, 12:10:19 am »
Dear Tom and Board,

This is the case for RPC IV.4 which, as DzikiZdeb pointed out, is listed as already "published" on the volumes page.  I suppose this one way of saying that the coin submission phase for the printed version of the book is now over.  But what about the other three parts of Volume IV?  Are new coin submissions still being accepted?  Like you, I have a ton of coins I have not gotten around to submit yet...

Best regards,

Mark Fox
Michigan     

All coins are guaranteed for eternity