Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Correct attribution for Judah Aristobulus I prutah  (Read 1174 times)

Offline Nemonater

• Caesar
Correct attribution for Judah Aristobulus I prutah
« on: March 07, 2013, 09:00:37 pm »
I'm trying to put some coins together for a Judean gallery and I'm looking for the correct Hendin number for this prutah. I believe it's 1142 but, if that's what I think, then it's probably 1142.  :P  I just can't get the hang of this script!

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-93861

Offline Aarmale

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
  • Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Re: Correct attribution for Judah Aristobulus I prutah
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 09:36:15 pm »
I think it is a Hendin 1143.  The Hendin 1142 has wide block-like letters much like on the Hendin 1135, and is very rare.
Gallery: http://tinyurl.com/aarmale
היינו דאמרי אינשי: טבא חדא פילפלתא חריפתא ממלי צנא קרי

Offline Nemonater

• Caesar
Re: Correct attribution for Judah Aristobulus I prutah
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 09:44:22 pm »
Thanks Aarmale.  Just a correction from my first post, I meant to say, "I believe it's 1142 but, if that's what I think, then it's probably 1143." So, in a way, I was right!

I see what you mean with the script, thanks a lot.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity