Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: URO unidentified Roman Object  (Read 3597 times)

newromantic

URO unidentified Roman Object
« on: December 09, 2009, 02:31:53 pm »
Hi all, I found this and have no idea what it may be !!! Anyone have any ideas ??

Offline mwilson603

• Caesar
Re: URO unidentified Roman Object
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 06:34:07 am »
I know it's a little small, but it looks like the top of a brass tap (faucet).  Is there anything form wise in the hole in the centre?
regards
Mark

newromantic

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 12:08:39 pm »
No Mark its smooth through the hole.... was found i close proximity to roman coins.

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 05:17:11 pm »
I have seen these items described both as "Celtic ring money" and as a "terret ring" which I think was supposed to be for a chariot.  However, I have only ever seen these descriptions in dealer's lists with no references to back them up so I have no idea if there is any accuracy to tose claims.  Nothing like them in the old British museum Iron Age or Roman antiquity guide books.

Shawn
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

jalmvs

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 10:19:21 pm »

All coins are guaranteed for eternity