Numismatic and History Discussion Forums > Biblical & Judean Coins Discussion Forum

Churches of Revelation - Thoughts

(1/2) > >>

Dino:
If you were going to put together a reasonably priced collection ($100 or less per coin) of the churches discussed in the Book of Revelation from the time period the Book was written, lets say 60-90 AD or so, what coins would you consider?

Here are the Churches:

(1) Ephesus (Revelation 2:1-7) - the church that had forsaken its first love (2:4).

(2) Smyrna (Revelation 2:8-11) - the church that would suffer persecution (2:10).

(3) Pergamum (Revelation 2:12-17) - the church that needed to repent (2:16).

(4) Thyatira (Revelation 2:18-29) - the church that had a false prophetess (2:20).

(5) Sardis (Revelation 3:1-6) - the church that had fallen asleep (3:2).

(6) Philadelphia (Revelation 3:7-13) - the church that had endured patiently (3:10).

(7) Laodicea (Revelation 3:14-22) - the church with the lukewarm faith (3:16).

cmcdon0923:
I'm also working on such a set to compliment my collection of ancient Judaean and Biblical coins.  I am doing mine in bronze. 

I don't have any specific coins tagged, other than I would prefer them to be from the latter part of the 1st century BC, or from the 1st century AD.

One absolute requirement is that the city name is strong and complete (except for maybe a letter or two as is common).

John K:
I also am putting together this collection in bronze. All coins from 2nd-1st BC.

John K:
Here are two more. I only have four of the seven Churches.

Joe Sermarini:
I added a "Churches of Revelation" page to our shop in the Biblical coins section. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version