Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Time to vote for 2022 Gallery of the year yet?  (Read 417 times)

Offline Ron C2

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Qvod perierat adhvc exstat nvmmorvm
Time to vote for 2022 Gallery of the year yet?
« on: December 27, 2022, 09:44:58 pm »
I think it's basically that time again, though I may be beating quadrans, enodia or *Alex to the punch by suggesting it now? 

Previous winners were:

The "Best Gallery of the Year" 2016: "Quadrans Gallery"
The "Best Gallery of the Year" 2017: "David Atherton and Jay GT4 (Jay Grande) Gallery" were tied winners.
The "Best Gallery of the Year" 2018: "Okidoki (Eric ten Brink) Gallery" was the winner.
The "Best Gallery of the Year" 2019: "Barnaba6 Gallery" was the winner.
The "Best Gallery of the Year" 2020: "Michael "Carausius" Davis" was the winner.
The "Best Gallery of the Year" 2021: "Schatz and Shanxi Gallery" were tied winners.

Time to start thinking of nominations!
My Ancient Coin Gallery: Click here

R. Cormier, Ottawa

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
Re: Time to vote for 2022 Gallery of the year yet?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 10:43:29 pm »
I was thinking about and may post this in another thread, such as Ancient Coin Forum or something, so it gets wider notice. But I will point it out here, as well. I started taking a look at the galleries as a result of this post and thinking about who might be nominated, etc. I looked at "number or coins" as one way to decide what to look at. I discovered a couple of things:

1. There are galleries being updated as recently as today and no posts in Gallery threads to let us know. There are many more active (meaning uploads in past few months) galleries than I realized.

2. There are some amazing galleries, I knew there were good ones, I have seen many good ones, didn't know there were so many good ones.

3. I learned what someone mentioned in Ron's other thread about who a gallery is for. It seems many are for the person as they don't announce updates. So, I am adding "Look at Last Uploads" to my list of daily tasks while on here. I do that for the Shop and sometimes for the Forum (but, I actually look at all Forum sections, so no need usually), never did it for Galleries.

Damn, there are some great galleries and I haven't scratched the surface.

Virgil

All coins are guaranteed for eternity