Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: My Newest Addition  (Read 930 times)

Offline cmcdon0923

• Caesar
My Newest Addition
« on: August 20, 2022, 01:41:42 am »
Just picked this piece up from the "after sale" list from a prominent US based dealer in coins and antiquities.

The description as per the seller:  Judean Terracotta Oil Lamp; Iron Age, ca. 1200 BC.  Hand made lamp of saucer shape with edge of one side pinched to form a spout. Soot marks remain on the spout. W. 5"

Craig

Offline v-drome

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
Re: My Newest Addition
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 02:32:00 am »
Hi Craig, very nice.  I am not the expert but it certainly looks good, to me.  Here is a page from RomQ Reference Collection.
Regards, Jimi

https://www.romulus2.com/lamps/database/lamp.php?5

Offline cmcdon0923

• Caesar
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2022, 09:50:33 pm »
Thanks Jimi.

The firm I bought it from is considered above reproach in its antiquities offerings.

Craig

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 09:55:24 pm »
Great early lamp.  I really like these ones.

I just got an LMLK seal jar handle, but haven't had time to photograph it yet.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity