Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Hi, I need help to identify what seems to be a dagger, HELP PLEASE  (Read 2221 times)

Offline Rodrigo A

• Praetorian
  • Εν οιδα οτι ουδεν οιδα
Hi, A few years ago when I was a kid my grandpa gave me part of his antiques colection, there were some wood spears from brazil and one of them had a very dirty and uncleaned piece of metal. A year ago I cleaned it and turned to have a beautifull desing with a lyre, an olive and a pigeon, what makes me think it could be greek but I have no clue, please help me!

material: seems to be silver

zize: 12 cms

Offline slokind

• Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Art is an experimental science
    • An Art Historian's Numismatics Studies
Re: Hi, I need help to identify what seems to be a dagger, HELP PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 03:21:59 pm »
Well, fuzzy photograph, but at 10 cm I'd think of the blade of an envelope-opener.  Pat L.

Offline Goltbeeck

• Praetorian
Re: Hi, I need help to identify what seems to be a dagger, HELP PLEASE
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 04:14:33 am »
Its a bit difficult to see in this picture, but it does not look greek to me, I think its not that old. If it was mounted on a wooden spear I can't imagine that it survived thousands of years. The wood should have been gone than long time.

Marcel

All coins are guaranteed for eternity