Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: New purchase  (Read 9438 times)

Offline gallienus1

• Caesar
  • Hope for the best but prepare for the worst
New purchase
« on: February 17, 2010, 06:01:59 am »
I have just purchased a lovely small Roman glass jug about five and a half inches (14 mm) tall. It dates to the 4th century and is green with some opal colours. The first is a flash picture, the second longer exposure using just the room lights. The second shot does not show the colour well but clearly shows the bubbles in the neck that form a swirling pattern.

Steve

Offline Enodia

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
Re: New purchase
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 03:35:05 pm »
Beautiful!
this is a lovely piece Steve, delicate and with nice opalesence (and intact?)... my wife is drooling over my shoulder as i write! congratulations on a wonderful addition.

~ Peter

Offline gallienus1

• Caesar
  • Hope for the best but prepare for the worst
Re: New purchase
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 03:53:17 am »
Thanks Peter! The little jug is intact but as a crack that starts in the base and goes part of the way up the side away from the camera. Still, it feels frim in the hand and shows no hint that the crack will get worse. It shows a lovely opalesence that the flash photo only hints at but is very apparent in the hand.

Best regards,
Steve

All coins are guaranteed for eternity