Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Help with this item.  (Read 489 times)

David S4

Help with this item.
« on: August 04, 2008, 12:22:39 pm »
Hi,
I know this isn't a coin but people here seem to know so much I was wondering if anyone could help with the iconography of this amulette and what it would have meant in ancient times. 
The two possibilites I have come up with is a hebrew half moon for protection against the evil eye and a islamic half moon for good luck.  Does anybody know which? or neither?
I would appreciate any help.
Thank You,
      David S4

oh ... it is bronze 28mm x 18mm x4mm and weight about 4.5g

lazooro

Re: Help with this item.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 03:44:37 pm »
maybe some halfmoon from the standard ???

All coins are guaranteed for eternity