Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Possible Arrowheads from 12th century Shobak Crusader Fortress in Jordan  (Read 2100 times)

Offline coldavo

• Consul
Hi all,

Last year my wife and myself were fortunate to visit the 12th century Shobak Crusader Fortress in Jordan. The only non-tourist that we saw for many miles was an older Bedouin selling some curiosities on a plank table at the fortress. The items offered ranged from an ancient arrowhead to a 100 year old army buckle.

I picked up these two items - one is obviously an ancient bronze arrowhead and possible the other is a (much later) iron arrowhead as well (I think that I've seen a picture of one something like this). The smaller bronze item is only 30mm long with the hollow for the shaft of about 4mm. The larger item is of iron (rusty) is about 75mm x 32mm.

They are obviously of widely differing time periods and I would appreciate any information as to the probable age of the small arrowhead and confirmation as to what, and how old, is the larger item.

All the best,
Col

All coins are guaranteed for eternity