Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Arrow point or Arrow Money?  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Jerome Holderman

• Caesar
  • My name is Jerome, and I am a coinaholic!
Arrow point or Arrow Money?
« on: July 13, 2007, 09:44:40 pm »
Got this in a lot from the Black Sea Area. I know in that region they used " Arrow Money" but I am uncertain if this object is arrow money, or if it is an actual arrow point. The Arrow money I had in the past was not designed like this one with the hole for the arrow shank, so I am thinking that this is an actual arrow point. But it seems to be copper or Bronze and I think I recall reading that actual arrow points would not be made of these metals.....

it is about 37mm long and weighs about 3.7gm

Your thougts?

Offline berserkrro

• Consul
Re: Arrow point or Arrow Money?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 02:14:41 am »
Not arrow money. Is a real arrow point, arrow money are not designed for using them for the original purpose. And arrow points were made from bronze.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity