Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: 2021 Member of the Year - Jay Grande (Jay GT4)  (Read 1287 times)

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
2021 Member of the Year - Jay Grande (Jay GT4)
« on: March 01, 2022, 09:19:03 pm »
I am pleased to announce that we have honored Mark Fox (Mark Fox), our Tribunus Plebis 2020, as our newest Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus. Thanks Mark for sharing your expertise in 1146 posts since you joined in 2006. As I mentioned when you were selected as Tribunus Plebis last year, most of your posts are helping members with authentication and identification. This is perhaps the most important assistance we provide to collectors here on the boards, and your posts have been an important part of that effort. Your expertise is impressive. Somehow you identify the most obscure coins. This award is an expression of sincere appreciation and admiration from our members for the help and the education you have provided. Thanks!

Congratulations to Jay Grande (Jay GT4) our Tribunus Plebis 2020! Thanks Jay on behalf of Forum Ancient Coins and all our Classical Numismatics Discussion members for your outstanding and unique contributions to this community. Your shared knowledge in 6451 posts since you joined in 2007 have made the the discussion board a better place all these many years. You encourage new collectors and new members, and support participation on the Members' Gallery. Many of your posts are helping members with authentication and identification. And thanks for your support as a moderator of Fibulae and Clothing Items discussions. This award is an expression of sincere appreciation and admiration from our members for the help and the education you have provided. Thanks!

On behalf of all our members, I would also like to thank all our nominees. The votes were very close and clearly deciding who to select was a difficult choice. Thank you, all of you, for generously sharing your time and expertise. You all deserve more appreciation and honor than I can express.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Enodia

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: 2021 Member of the Year - Jay Grande (Jay GT4)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 09:30:35 pm »
Congratulations, and well deserved on both counts.
Way to go guys!

~ Peter

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 10:38:12 pm »
Congratualations to Mark and to all the nominees.  When I look at the list of winners I honestly feel like I don't belong.  It is a real honor and privilege to be in such esteemed company. 

When I started collecting seriously it was this Forum that taught me and encouraged me to learn more.  The Gallery and discussion board is a treasure like no other on the web.  I've always tried to make others feel the same way I do about this great place.  That's especially true with the gallery entries.  I try my best to comment and encourage fellow collectors, even if it's not my area of interest, just as so many of you have done on my gallery.

Thanks Joe for all that you do for the coin collecting community,  I'm happy to be just a very small part in it.

Offline shanxi

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My gallery
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 02:21:21 am »
Congratulations to Jay and Mark. Well deserved.

The race for the first place was close, but in the end the best result came out: Titles for both.

Online quadrans

• Tribunus Plebis 2019
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.
    • My Gallery Albums
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 06:32:46 am »
Well deserved. +++

Congratulations to Jay and Mark.  ;) :) +++

Regards

Joe/Q
All the Best :), Joe
My Gallery

Offline *Alex

• Tribunus Plebis 2022
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Etiam Iovis omnibus placere non possunt.
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2022, 10:27:56 am »
Congratulations Jay and Mark.

Alex

Offline Ron C2

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Qvod perierat adhvc exstat nvmmorvm
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2022, 07:30:46 pm »
Bravo Zulu Jay and Mark - thanks for all your wonderful enrichment of the discussions here on Forum.
My Ancient Coin Gallery: Click here

R. Cormier, Ottawa

Offline PMah

• Caesar
  • Qui risus classe devicta multas ipsi lacrimas...
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2022, 08:09:22 pm »
Great members both, generous and helpful.
Be Well, Stay Healthy, Support your Local Numismatic Club

Paul 

My Gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album

Offline okidoki

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=37270
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2022, 10:27:26 am »
Very nice to see these winners both Gents are a great help to this website, keep up the good work
All the Best,
Eric
There are no strangers, only friends you do not know yet.

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=37270

Offline Mark Fox

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2022, 11:58:46 am »
Dear Board,

Sorry for the late post.  I was a bit busy yesterday and did not want to simply give a terse "thank you."

My preliminary response to everything on the voting thread regrettably neglected to thank the voters themselves!  I would like to correct that now by saying, whoever you all are (I know a few), I am deeply touched that you not only thought of me, but thought I was worth a vote.  Likewise, I am grateful that Jay (this year's Tribunus Plebis for 2021) and the other four nominees received as many votes as they did!  They all work hard to make this virtual forum/agora interesting and entertaining, intellectually indispensable, manageable, and welcoming to newcomers and old-hands alike.  Just being nominated is a big recognition of that.   

Jay mentioned more than once about his awkwardness in being in said company.  In a similar way, a part of me is having a bit of a problem fully registering everyone's kind comments.  Are they really talking about me?  Although perhaps debatable, another part of me feels if I suddenly disappear here, the boards will manage and carry on just fine, but if Jay vanishes, I am not so certain...  In my humble opinion, he is one of Forvm's anchors who is actively keeping the site moored in quiet waters in a myriad of little ways.  "The little way" should never be underestimated. 

Want to see something maybe a bit shocking?

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/board/index.php?topic=22271.msg222819#msg222819

Well, I suppose everyone had to start somewhere!  And I am still learning.  That is why, no matter how old I become, I hope to die young.  For to be young, implies one is still growing, and learning (or at least the willingness to learn) implies one is still growing.  To consciously stop learning strangles our last avenue of growth.  Once that happens, we truly become old then.

Best regards,

Mark Fox
Michigan

P.S.:  And Altamura is Rex Incoronatus 2021 of Forvm's Discussion Boards!  At least in my book! 

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2022, 12:31:08 pm »
Thanks for the kind words Mark, even if I don't think it's true! 

I wonder if Joe can shed some light on this.  I think the software for Forum only goes back to 2007.  I'm sure I registered here long before that.  I want to say in the 90's?

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2022, 03:02:59 pm »
The discussion board went online 22 Oct 2001.  FORVM started selling on eBay on 27 Nov 1997. The first website was not long after that, but it was nothing like it is today.

Jay, if you were a member before 2007, then it was under a different registration which no longer exists.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Molinari

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2022, 04:24:24 pm »
Congratulations Mark and Jay!!!

Online Dominic T

• Caesar
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2022, 06:58:00 pm »
Jay, if you were a member before 2007, then it was under a different registration which no longer exists.

We all know Jay changed his identity after the Cosa Nostra was looking for him !
DT

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2022, 07:20:54 pm »
Now I have to change my name again!  Thanks! ;D

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2022, 04:33:39 pm »
Congrats to both the worthy winners.

Regards,
Virgil

Offline Carausius

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Forum Gallery:
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2022, 06:07:27 pm »
Belated congratulations to Mark and Jay.  Well deserved appreciation, indeed.

Offline TenthGen

• Consul
  • Ferrata Fidelis Constans
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2022, 06:09:30 pm »
Congrats to Mark and Jay! You have both certainly earned your honors!

All coins are guaranteed for eternity